Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dual Enrollment: From a Student's Perspective

"Over the past two semesters, I have taken a total of three online college courses through Georgia Military College. I have taken Intro to Politics, English Composition 1, and World Civilizations I. I am only in the ninth grade, but I am able to take these courses because of the Move on When Ready program.  Move on When Ready allows high school students to take college courses while still in high school and earn dual credit. I am very happy to have this opportunity to get part of my college degree early on, so when I get to college, I can skip straight to my major courses. I have learned a lot from these courses, such as the different formats of writing a paper (APA, MLA), as well as how to write college level papers in general. I have enjoyed being a part of the classes and interacting with the other students.  I also learned a lot of really cool things about the American government, world history, and the different types of argumentative papers. By taking these three courses, I have already earned 15 college credit hours and completed one year of high school English requirements and two years of social studies requirements! The professors have challenged me to think about more than just what happens around me. Overall, I love having this opportunity and I am excited for the next semester to start. I highly recommend Georgia Military College and dual enrollment to any high school student wanting to get a jump start on his or her future. This is a great program and has been a huge blessing!"

Caleb Brawn
GMC Move on When Ready student


No comments:

Post a Comment